Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Paris Bag

Paris Bag
My inspiration for this project came from an independent French film that I was watching at the time. The actress's purse was a  design spark  as I  loved the texture of her bag...

I have an interest in purse construction and have a distaste for cheap Chinese plastic bags...I developed the pattern with a small size along with a  cross over body style. I lined it with light purple polyester taffeta fabric, and make lots of pockets inside..I used a  single center pleat for a center design and added an antique brown button for accent.

The fabric came from my shower curtain, that no longer fit into my bathroom space, and could not bare to part with such lovely textured fabric. So  in essence it has been up cycled into a useful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment