Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

White Dress

We all search for the perfect black dress,what about the perfect white dress?...This project was made a few years ago. It was a collaboration between my daughter and I. Her inspiration was a dress worn by her favorite celebrity, Nicole Richie.  The design is elegant, timeless, and a classic.
I started out with a basic princess seam strapless bodice top pattern. I lengthened it to above knee and widened the pattern thus creating a dress form. A white interlining from white cotton to the  top of the bodice for structure.  Then I applied black piping to each seam and added it too the top edge of the dress. Then added boning to the upper bodice, and lined the entire dress in white. Finally I added a lapped zipper in back.  The effect was " voodoo majic" in visually  lengthening the body.  The dress made its debut on the runway at the Barbazon Modeling Fashion School final performance night. She looked stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment