Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Street Punk Sweatshirt

Street Punk Clothing

As I begin to watch Season 1 of Project Runway, my creativity ideas became to form into a distress anti-clothing project....I begin with an oversized sweatshirt with a color that I loved, turned it inside out, thus became the new right side. Then my design went with long vertical wavy lines, dividing the garment into sections. {A design element which I hoped with elongate the middle section of the body}. I used tan solid fabric, and a cotton duck print, that blended in with the tan fabric and the dark denim color  of the sweatshirt....I frayed and left all edges raw to give it a frayed punky look, and it will only fray more once it has gone through the wash a few times.. I quilted along the edges in a random wavy pattern to anchor all the fabric behind. I placed black ribbing at the neck, sleeves, and bottom and left one edge raw to add to the distressed effect. Overall, it turned out great....

No comments:

Post a Comment